This is what i do when i am home alone .When i am really bored to cook , i Saute the vegetables i have and make a quick dip for it . Bingo lunch is done . When i was looking for recipes from UK , majority were pies and scones . I wanted to make a simple dish for me and i had a bunch of Asparagus too . So landed in a quick Asparagus recipe . I had tweaked the recipe according to my taste.
For Sauteed Asparagus:
Asparagus - A bunch
Salt and Pepper - Seasoning
Butter - To Saute
Garlic - 3 cloves
Almonds - sliced 3 TBSP
- Clean and cut the ends of Asparagus .
- Heat some butter in the pan . Saute the Asparagus sprinkle some salt and pepper .
- It hardly takes 3 minutes . Place it in the bowl .
- Using the same pan , add little more butter . When the butter is melted and it is hot , add the sliced garlic and roast it , and finally add the sliced Almonds and saute it for a minutes.
- Sprinkle the Garlic and Almonds on top of Asparagus and serve with chilled Chilli and Lime Butter .
For the Chilli and Lime Butter :
Butter - 1 stick ( Room Temperature )
Coriander Leaves - 3-4 TBSP Chopped
Chilli Flakes - 1/2 TBSP ( Depending on the spice level)
Cumin seeds - 1 TSP ( Coarsely Ground)
Pepper Powder - 1/2 TSP
Lime Juice - juice of 1/2 lime
Salt - A pinch
In a bowl mix all the ingredients together.
Place the mixture on a cling wrap and twist both the ends like a sausage shaped roll.
Refrigerate it till you use them .
Do visit all the co-host by clicking their photos